The Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be part of the founding of a new national institution. We invite individuals, foundations, corporations, and other organizations to join us in this historic endeavor that will impact the nation for generations to come. There are many ways you can support this watershed moment in the national discussion about race and the vital role African Americans have played in the American story.
Become a Charter Member
Support the NMAAHC each year, plus receive special member benefits.
Renew Your Membership
Continue your annual support of the NMAAHC.
Give a Gift Membership
To celebrate someone special.
Join our North Star Sustainer Program.
Become an Ambassador
The Role of NMAAHC Ambassadors
Ambassadors are emerging leaders in their 30s and 40s who desire to play an active and unique role in helping NMAAHC reach its goal of opening in 2016.
- Making a meaningful contribution to this historic project through personal leadership and philanthropy
- Providing visibility for NMAAHC among personal and professional networks
- Encouraging others to take an active philanthropic role in the Museum
- Sharing the message and vision of NMAAHC with broader networks around the country
- Taking part in collaborative events and initiatives to promote NMAAHC
Benefits of Being an Ambassador
- Network with NMAAHC leadership and founding donors
- Be recognized in the philanthropic community
- Enjoy NMAAHC programming in an intimate setting
- Listing in Smithsonian Annual Report for fiscal year
- Signature Ambassador pin
- Invitations to Ambassador events, special tours and lectures, and exhibition opening receptions
- Breaking news updates from NMAAHC and E-newsletter
How to Become an Ambassador
Make a donation of $5000 - $24,000 to the museum.
You can make your donation in one lump sum via check, money order, or credit card, make an annual gift via check, money order, or credit card or make monthly payments via credit card over 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 years.
For more information, or if you have questions, please contact the Ambassadors at NMAAHCAmbassadors@si.edu.
Until we understand the full African American story, we cannot understand ourselves as a nation, as a people.Rep. John Lewis U.S. House of Representatives (Georgia, 5th District)