The National Museum of African American History and Culture welcomes the opportunity to consider offers of collection donations. Use the form below to make a formal offer of historic materials or art that you believe would complement NMAAHC Collections.
Please note the following before submitting an offer:
- Due to the high volume of offers we receive, it may take several months for the Museum to carefully consider and reply to each one.
- To be considered, offers must have clear, high resolution images attached to the submission form.
- The Museum does not accept original materials without prior communication, review and approval from a Museum curator.
- The Museum generally does not consider unsolicited offers of temporary loans, nor can we promise to display loaned or donated items.
- Any unsolicited objects received will be considered abandoned, and the Museum reserves the right to dispose of such property as it sees fit.
The Museum always gives close consideration to offers of authentic objects, photographs, documents and works of art illustrating African American history and culture.
We are interested in objects relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, the stay-at-home quarantine and the social protest movement for police reforms and social justice. For example, you may wish to offer medical equipment, face masks, at-home school lessons, works of art, signs or placards that you made or collected.