Examining the Contributions of African American Medical Professionals
- Monday, July 27, 2020
- 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Highlights from the Event
Register for the National Museum of African American History and Culture’s 2020 Summer STEM Virtual Learning Workshop. This FREE, multi-day workshop explores the history of African Americans in healthcare and investigates the stories and experiences of African American doctors, nurses and researchers working to combat disease within our nation.
Workshop participants will engage in synchronous and asynchronous learning opportunities designed to provide practical experience for classroom teaching and learning. Mini-lectures, discussions with experienced healthcare workers, and hands-on STEM activities mimicking real-world science will give the participants the understanding and appreciation for the work that medical professionals do everyday.
- Workshop dates: Monday July 27, 2020 - Wednesday July 29, 2020 (1-4pm EDT)
- Registration opens Friday June 26, 2020
- Registration closes Friday July 20, 2020 at 5pm EDT or when capacity is reached.
- The workshop is designed for 3rd – 8th grade STEM educators.
- To fully experience the workshop, we advise registrants purchase the recommended materials for a cost of approximately $25. Additional information will be shared after registration.
Support for this program was generously provided by The Dow Chemical Company