Collection Search Results
Your search found 1 result(s).
- Designed by
- Reeves, Mae, American, 1912 - 2016
- Subject of
- Mae's Millinery Shop, American, 1941 - 1994
- synthetic fiber, net, plastic, rhinestones, feathers, and beads
- H x W x D (ab): 5 3/4 × 9 3/4 × 9 in. (14.6 × 24.8 × 22.9 cm)
- Black and gold fascinator (a) with veil, feathers, and pin (b) designed by Mae Reeves. The body of the fascinator is a formed from black plastic net into a circular cap with a flat top faced in a black and metallic gold floral brocade and decorated with yellow rhinestones and black beads. A large cluster of black feathers is attached at the center front with a large metal pin (b) in a design of leaves interlocked in a circle pinned in front of the feathers. Black net veil is sewn in the interior covering the black plastic hat form, with veiling extending beyond the cap edges all around, including a longer section at the front. Loops of elastic thread are sewn at each interior side with a brown plastic comb attached to each loop for securing the fascinator to the wearer's head. A white fabric label with black printed text is adhered to the interior center back that reads "Mae Reeves / OF / PHILADELPHIA".
- Credit Line
- Object number
- Restrictions & Rights
- No known copyright restrictions