Collection Search Results
Applied Filters: clear all filters
- name:"Albrier, Frances M."
- name:"Diggs, Charles Cole"
- name:"Wilkins, J. Ernest"
- name:"National Council of Negro Women"
- topic: "Education"
- place: "United States"
- name:"The Sun-Reporter"
- place: "San Francisco"
- topic: "Politics"
- object-type: "Clippings (information artifacts)"
- -name:"J.B. Coleman Photo"
Your search found 1 result(s).
- Created by
- The Sun-Reporter, American, founded 1944
- Subject of
- Wilkins, J. Ernest Sr., American, 1894 - 1959
- Charles Diggs, American, 1922 - 1998
- Albrier, Frances M., American, 1898 - 1987
- San Francisco Chapter of the National Council of Negro Women, founded 1945
- National Council of Negro Women, founded 1935
- October 6, 1956
- ink on newsprint
- H x W: 7 7/8 × 6 3/8 in. (20 × 16.2 cm)
- This document is part of a scrapbook that was compiled in 1956 and 1957 by Frances Albrier during her term as president of the San Francisco Chapter of the National Council of Negro Women (NCNW). The scrapbook highlights the Chapter’s efforts to register voters and educate Bay Area residents on the importance of voting as a part of the Citizenship Education Project which was jointly sponsored by the NCNW and the National Urban League.
- This newspaper clipping from the San Francisco Sun-Reporter describes the upcoming Political Forum between J. Ernest Wilkins and Charles C. Diggs. The event was sponsored by the Sun-Reporter and the San Francisco Chapter of the National Council of Negro Women and took place on October 14, 1956 at Nourse Auditorium in San Francisco. The clipping is adhered to the left half of page seventeen (17) in Frances Albrier's scrapbook (2010.60.1).
- Documents and Published Materials-Published Works
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Frances Albrier Collection
- Object number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Unknown - Restrictions Possible