Collection Search Results
Applied Filters: clear all filters
- name:"DeLorme, Grace McKinley Holmes"
- topic: "Photography"
- name:"Atlanta Life Insurance Company"
- name:"Herndon, Alonzo Franklin"
- place: "North and Central America"
- name:"DeLorme, Gilbert E."
- topic: "American South"
- -name:"Holmes, Mayme E. McKinley"
Your search found 1 result(s).
- Photograph by
- Subject of
- Martin, Eugene Marcus, American, 1888 - 1969
- DeLorme, Gilbert E. Sr., American, 1903 - 1975
- DeLorme, Grace McKinley Holmes, American, 1906 - 1997
- Herndon, Alonzo Franklin, American, 1858 - 1927
- Unidentified Man or Men
- Unidentified Woman or Women
- Atlanta Life Insurance Company, American, founded 1905
- Butler Street YMCA, American, founded 1894
- silver and photographic gelatin on photographic paper
- H x W (Sheet): 8 3/16 × 9 15/16 in. (20.8 × 25.3 cm)
- H x W (Image): 7 11/16 × 9 7/16 in. (19.5 × 24 cm)
- A black and white photograph of a man speaking at an Atlanta Life Insurance Company reception at the Butler Street YMCA gymnasium. He is wearing a dark suit, a tie with a wavy design, and a white collared shirt. There are several tables of people seated in the background with coffee cups and dessert dishes on the tables. Seated at the speaker’s table, opposite of the speaker with his back to the camera, is Eugene Martin and an unidentified woman. Gilbert E. DeLorme, Sr. and Grace DeLorme are seated to the proper right of the speaker. Behind them, an American flag swag under a basketball net. Overlaying the bottom of the swag is a poster portrait of the founder of Atlanta Life, Alonzo Herndon in three quarters profile. To the left of the portrait is a poster that reads, [ATLANTA / LIFE / NUMBER / 1/ IN ’51], and a poster to the right of the portraits that reads, [CAN YOU IN ’52 / SAY WE WON / IN ’51], with a large pointing fist and a question mark in the center of the poster. To the left of the posters is an elongated Georgia state flag with a circle of stars surrounding a larger star in the canton. A handwritten note on the back in blue ink identifies the subjects and event.
- Media Arts-Photography
- gelatin silver prints
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of Margaret Falkener DeLorme, Waldo C. Falkener, Cameron S. Falkener and Gilbert E. DeLorme
- Object number
- Restrictions & Rights
- No Known Copyright Restrictions