Collection Search Results
Your search found 1 result(s).
The Proclamation of Emancipation by the President of the United States, to take effect January 1st, 1863
- Written by
- President Lincoln, Abraham, American, 1809 - 1865
- Published by
- Forbes, John Murray, American, 1813 - 1898
- On ViewConcourse 3, C3 053
- Slavery and Freedom
- ink on paper
- H x W: 3 1/4 x 2 1/8 in. (8.3 x 5.4 cm)
- This booklet was produced in December 1862 specifically for Union soldiers to read and distribute among African Americans.
- A miniature pamphlet containing the text of the Emancipation Proclamation. Seven pages with the original printed salmon wrappers. Lightly soiled, text lightly tanned. In a half morocco and cloth box, spine gilt.
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Object number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Public domain