Collection Search Results
Applied Filters: clear all filters
- place: "North and Central America"
- place: "United States"
- place: "Pinellas County"
- place: "Florida"
- topic: "Singers (Musicians)"
- date: "1990s"
- name:"Scott, James Victor"
Your search found 1 result(s).
- Photograph by
- Spitzer, David D., American
- Subject of
- Little Jimmy Scott, American, 1925 - 2014
- ca. 1993
- silver and photographic gelatin on photographic paper
- H x W (Image): 9 3/4 x 13 11/16 in. (24.7 x 34.8 cm)
- H x W (Sheet): 10 11/16 x 13 3/4 in. (27.1 x 35 cm)
- H x W (Matted): 16 x 20 in. (40.6 x 50.8 cm)
- A black-and-white photograph of jazz vocalist "Little" Jimmy Scott singing during a performance in Clearwater, FL. Scott is photographed from the left from a slightly low angle, with the ceiling of the performance venue visible. He holds his microphone in his left hand and the cord is threaded through his right hand, which is held aloft with the index finger pointing upwards. He wears a light colored suit and checked button up shirt. His eyes are closed as he sings.
- Media Arts-Photography
- gelatin silver prints
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of David D. Spitzer
- Object number
- Restrictions & Rights
- © David D. Spitzer