Collection Search Results
Your search found 1 result(s).
- On ViewCulture/Fourth Floor, 4 052
- Visual Art and the American Experience
- 22k gold leaf and oil paint on wood panel with metal
- H x W x D (overall- framed): 40 × 24 × 4 1/8 in. (101.6 × 61 × 10.5 cm)
- Mixed media painting of Craig Fletcher based on Leonardo da Vinci’s Saint John the Baptist. The work has 22-karat gold leaf decoration. The painting shows Fletcher in the center. He is wearing a black t-shirt with blue letters and jeans. He is visible from the torso up with his head titled to the side. Fletcher’s right arm is raised in front of his chest and his other hand is resting on his hip. There are flowers in various colors with green stems around the edges and over top of the central figure. The oil painting has an architectural frame with columns and a raised base. [CRAIG FLETCHER] is painted stylistically in red below the painting. The painting is inset in a detailed architecture frame. There is a painted red star in the upper center of the frame. The wood panel is visible on the reverse and there is a label from the Sean Kelly Gallery with artwork information. There is metal hardware, including D-rings, screws, and brackets, on the reverse.The artist signed and dated the work on the back.
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of The Martin Z. Margulies Foundation, Miami, FL
- Object number
- Restrictions & Rights
- © Kehinde Wiley