Collection Search Results
Applied Filters: clear all filters
Your search found 1 result(s).
- Manufactured by
- Oasis Guitars, American
- Used by
- Kool & the Gang, American, founded 1964
- Robert "Kool" Bell, American, born 1950
- On ViewCulture/Fourth Floor, 4 053
- Musical Crossroads
- wood, brass (alloy), metal and plastic
- H x W x D: 46 1/2 × 13 7/8 × 3 in. (118.1 × 35.2 × 7.6 cm)
- 2015.212a: An electric bass guitar used by Robert “Kool” Bell of Kool and the Gang. The bass guitar is made of light colored wood and has brass tuning pegs. It has two pickups in black. The strings are attached to an oval shaped metal tailpiece with four smaller tuners. The bass also has four volume and tone controls on the left side of the lower front body. Two switches for pick-ups are also on the lower left side of the front body. On the headstock is gold inlay with the bass name running vertically down the center that reads “O / A / S / I / S.” The top of the headstock has an inlaid gold design. Imprinted into the wood on the back of the headstock at the top is “37 57 / USA.” On the back of the body on the lower left side is an oval-shaped black electronics cavity plate. Also on the back at the top near of the neck is a strap button.
- 2015.212b: Guitar is housed in a guitar case.
- Musical Instruments
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of Robert "Kool" Bell of Kool & The Gang
- Object number
- Restrictions & Rights
- No Known Copyright Restrictions