Collection Search Results
Applied Filters: clear all filters
Your search found 1 result(s).
- Published by
- Playbill, American, founded 1884
- Subject of
- Dr. Shange, Ntozake, American, 1948 - 2018
- Used by
- Booth Theatre, American, founded 1913
- November 1977
- On ViewConcourse 1, C1 053
- A Changing America: 1968 and Beyond
- ink on paper, metal
- 9 x 5 5/8 x 1/8 in. (22.9 x 14.3 x 0.3 cm)
- An edition of Playbill Magazine for the production of "for colored girls who have considered suicide / when the rainbow is enuf". The cover has a white background with yellow box at top; the illustration below depicts an African American woman wearing a yellow kerchief on her head and a yellow top. Behind the woman is a white tile wall with rainbow-colored writing reading [For/Colored/Girls/who have/Considered/Suicide/When/The/Rain-bow/is/Enuf]. Black type in yellow box at top reads, [PLAYBILL/THE BOOTH THEATRE] White sticker with image of a red elephant and [50¢] on back on back, handwritten [1977/B].
- Transcription Center Status
- Transcribed by digital volunteers
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of Dow B. Ellis
- Object number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Playbill used by permission. All rights reserved, Playbill Inc.