Tin for Madame C.J. Walker's Wonderful Hair Grower
- Manufactured by
- Walker, Madam C.J. Manufacturing Company, American, founded 1906
- Subject of
- Walker, Madam C.J., American, 1867 - 1919
- 1910s - 1920s
- Diameter: 2 3/4 × 13/16 in. (7 × 2.1 cm)
- The canister is metal with yellow lacquer coloring its external surface. The outside of the canister is covered with textual and illustrative designs in black ink printed on top of the yellow lacquer. The product name [WONDERFUL HAIR GROWER] is written in horizontal text across the center of the lid beneath an ink illustration of a black woman pictured from her shoulders up with her hair down. Beneath the product name are additional lines of text which read [NET CONTENTS 2 OZ/MADE BY/THE MADAM C.J. WALKER/MANUFACTURING CO./INDIANAPOLIS, IND./PRICE 50 CENTS]. Above the illustration and curved to the arc of the lid edge is the brand name of the product in black text [MADAM C. J. WALKERS/TRADE MARK REGISTERED].
- Transcription Center Status
- Transcription Available
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift from Dawn Simon Spears and Alvin Spears, Sr.
- Object number
- Restrictions & Rights
- No Known Copyright Restrictions