Souvenir Program of the Goodwill Baptist Church in the Dedication of their New House of Worship

Image for Souvenir Program of the Goodwill Baptist Church in the Dedication of their New House of Worship
Created by
Goodwill Baptist Church, American, founded after 1900
Subject of
Rev. Ball, William B., American, born ca. 1890
Medium
ink on paper, metal
Dimensions
H x W x D: 11 × 8 1/2 × 1/16 in. (27.9 × 21.6 × 0.2 cm)
Type
souvenir programs
Place used
Richmond, Virginia, United States, North and Central America
Date
1953
Description
Souvenir program from the dedication of the Goodwill Baptist Church. The tan cover has a thin ribbon graphic border. Below the title, the location, 410 North Monroe Street, Richmond, Va. is listed. The dates for the services [November 22nd through December 11th 1953] are noted above the pastor, Rev. W. B. Ball. The program begins with images and a brief biography of the pastor and his wife, Mary M. Ball. The program has images of church members and committees. There is schedule information interspersed with advertisements. The program is fastened with two (2) staples. The back cover is blank.
Transcription Center Status
Transcribed by digital volunteers
Topic
African American
Communities
Religion
Religious groups
United States--Social life and customs
Credit Line
Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture
Object number
2015.97.40.66
Restrictions & Rights
Public domain
See more items in
National Museum of African American History and Culture Collection
Classification
Memorabilia and Ephemera
Data Source
National Museum of African American History and Culture

NOTE: Cataloging is an ongoing process and we may update this record as we conduct additional research and review. If you have more information about this object, please contact us at NMAAHCDigiTeam@si.edu.