Tips for your Museum Visit
The Museum is committed to providing inclusive experiences for all audiences. We hope your visit, whether this is your first time or if you are a seasoned visitor, is as enjoyable as possible. Here are some general tips to optimize your visit to the Museum:
- Spring and summer are peak visitation time. Visit in the winter or fall months for less crowds.
- If you are planning on visiting the Community Gallery (L3) or the Culture Gallery (L4), plan a visit in the morning hours when the upper floors tend to be quieter.
- By contrast, the History Galleries (C3 to C1) are least crowded toward the later afternoons.
- The History Galleries are comprised of ramps, which are more than a mile in length. For visitors with limited mobility, we offer manual wheelchairs to make navigating the ramps less challenging.
- The Museum has 85,000 square feet of exhibition space. Be prepared to stand or walk for long periods of time. See our Limited Mobility Visitors section for more information.