We are excited to welcome groups from around the country and the world.
The National Museum of African American History and Culture welcomes groups of 10 or more to reserve free timed-entry passes. Please be aware we are operating at a reduced capacity for visitation. To help you prepare for your visit, we have provided the following guidance when planning your visit.
- Large groups must form smaller group of 10 to enhance your experience and maximize safety.
- Children ages 16 and younger must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- One chaperone is required for each group of 10 students.
- Weekdays, Monday through Thursday, are our least crowded days.
- Visits after 2:00 p.m. can be less crowded.
- Visitors are able to enter the museum until 4:00 p.m.
- The museum is open until 5:30 p.m.
We look forward to welcoming your visitors to Washington, DC. Please keep in mind that we are gradually returning to our previous visitation capacity. We encourage you to review information on our maximum daily group size and entry time when reserving free timed-entry passes.
Families , Teacher-Led and Other Adult Groups
The National Museum of African American History and Culture welcomes all visitors. Group reservations are available for a self-guided experience. Our visitor and guest services team will be available to support your time at the museum. If you have a group larger than 200, please contact NMAAHCgrouprequests@si.edu.