Visiting the Museum
10:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., except December 25
The museum is closed to the public on Monday and Tuesday each week during the initial reopening phase.
Washington, DC 20560
- All visitors must have a timed-entry pass.
- A limited number of timed-entry passes are available.
- Visitors can reserve timed-entry passes up to 30 days in advance on a rolling basis at 8:00 a.m. EST daily.
- Passes are no longer released three months in advance.
- Same-day timed-entry passes are released at 8:15 a.m. EST daily.
- Visitors can reserve up to six timed-entry passes.
- Timed-entry passes may not be sold or transferred.
Museum News & Highlights
A Closer Look
The Weeping Time
This video focuses on the Domestic Slave Trade. Excerpts from bills of sale, broadsides, and wills tell a story of the valuation of people, forced migration, and profit.
Learn More About The Searchable Museum
By marshalling the latest technology and harnessing the scholarly and educational experience of the museum’s teams, the Searchable Museum tells the complex story of our nation’s history in ways only the National Museum of African American History and Culture can.Kevin Young Andrew W. Mellon Director, NMAAHC